The holiday weekend has come and gone. And what a weekend it was! My family gets together every year and does the annual “booze cruise” on the lake with the pontoon boat. It’s our third year being official.
Here are the highlights:
1. Sarah got engaged about two weeks ago, so it was all wedding talk and planning all sorts of craziness for her upcoming wedding.
2. Tante Sue got blitzed, and spilled all the secrets she shouldn’t. Like announcing I was a bridesmaid in Sarah’s wedding (which I kinda figured. She’s my bestie), and that Candace’s boyfriend asked her to come to my dad’s jewelry store to see the engagement ring he picked out for her. Surprise!
3. Tante Sue wanting to go canoeing after Uncle Jim shut down the boat for a little bit, and single handedly tipped and sunk the canoe twice before even leaving the dock. We got pictures. Hilarious.
4. Julie being back in Wisconsin for the first time in 17 years, and being crazy as ever. She proceeded to get drunk, puke, and leave her seven year old to our care. She clearly can not keep up.
5. Uncle Jim hearing “I’m on a Boat” for the first time. Belly laughs to follow.
And the rest of the weekend was just as great: motorcycle rides all over the area, ice cream and soda cult stops with the Harley Hog chapter book, graduation parties for my second cousins that I’ve never met-but are awesome, and finally moving everything out and closing down my apartment. And strangely enough, I saw no fireworks (No worries, Jeremy and I have a date Tuesday to see them in our town)!!
The family bonding alone this weekend was great. I needed to get away and reconnect with long lost parts of me. I learned a lot of valuable lessons this weekend, and remembered a little bit of who I am. I think it’s easy to get wrapped up in the world, and lose focus, and a relaxing (albeit busy) weekend at home with the family was exactly the thing I needed.
I hope you all had an enjoyable, safe Fourth of July, and enjoyed your time with your family and friends as well.